Challenger Pro Asym Wheelset
The BikeHard Challenger Pro Asym wheel set is the top of the line alloy wheel set in the Challenger line. The same straight pull hubs found on the Challenger Carbon wheels are mated up to welded double wall rims with extremely stiff aerodynamic bladed spokes. To decrease weight and help in all climbing efforts, the front wheel has a 26mm deep rim and 20 radial laced bladed spokes. To increase balance where it is needed underneath the rider, the 30mm deep rear rim is asymmetrically offset to moderate the angle of spokes towards the non-drive side. This asymmetrical offset to the rim ensures a more even distribution of forces to both the drive and non-drive side: 24 bladed spokes are radial laced on the non-drive side and crossed 3 times on the drive side. Weighing in at a super light 1550 grams per set, all of these weight saving technologies still do not jeopardize the strength for either front or rear: this wheel set is equally up to the task of either everyday training or hardcore racing.
- Hubs: C1 series F/R – Black anodized body. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Cassette Body: All alloy, inboard ratchet mechanism with three pawls. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Rims: Welded 26mm front & 30mm asymmetrically offset rear.
- Spokes: Pillar PBA1425 Sandvik steel 2.5mm bladed
- Nipples: Black Brass
- Front: 20 spokes, 675 grams
- Rear: 24 spokes, 875 grams
- Set: 1550 grams
- No rider weight limit
- Included: 2 nylon rim strips, F+R skewers (92 grams per set)