Challenger Carbon 46 Tubular Wheelset
The BikeHard Challenger Carbon 46 tubular is an impressively light wheel set with a wind-cheating aerodynamic 46mm rim depth. Weighing in at a mere 1156 grams per set, its low weight is attained by using the highest quality components that can be engineered. The hubs are supremely crafted from aerospace grade aluminum as a straight pull radial laced front and straight pull radial laced non-drive side/three cross straight pull rear. The spokes are the world’s best bladed lightweight spoke that money can buy: Sapim CX-Ray’s in black (best in strength, aero qualities and light weight). The rims are manufactured from high modulus carbon fiber with the goal of producing an ultra light rim that still ensures exceptional strength, stiffness, heat dissipation, and durability under load. Hand built in the United States, they are tensioned to perfect straightness and inspected to meet exacting quality control standards. The Challenger Carbon 46 is an ideal racing or training wheel, and in that it has a 46mm rim profile, gives a significant aerodynamic advantage to the rider without being effected much by crosswinds. At 1156 grams for the set, its hard to find anything lighter.
- Hubs: C1 series F/R – Black anodized body. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Cassette Body: All alloy, inboard ratchet mechanism with three pawls. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Rims: BikeHard Full Hi-Mod Carbon tubular. 46mm front & rear.
- Spokes: Sapim CX-RAY
- Nipples: Internal anodized aluminum.
- Front: 20 spokes, 508 grams
- Rear: 24 spokes, 648 grams
- Set: 1156 grams
- No rider weight limit
- Included: 2 33mm valve extenders, 1 truing tool, 4 cryo blue brake pads, F+R skewers (92 grams per set)
- Assembled in the USA
“BikeHard's Challenger 46s are a good looking, straightforward carbon clincher… They're reliable …and are built in the USA”
“BikeHard lac es 46mm rims around proprietary hubs, which are light, but also have good engagement that makes the crit racers in us want to keep kicking the Challengers out of turns.”
“BikeHard also incorporates its own hollow steel skewers… They have a solid clamping force and feel secure.”-Logan VonBokel, VeloNews