Challenger Carbon 35 Wheelset
Completely redesigned around a totally new rim design and profile, the BikeHard Challenger Carbon 35 wheel now cheats the wind with an aerodynamically generated rim which is 25mm wide at the brake track. Manufactured from high modulus carbon fiber, milled to accept a conventional clincher tire, and drilled for 20 front and 24 rear spokes, the advanced engineering of the rim ensures exceptional strength, stiffness, heat dissipation, and durability under load. To enhance the benefits of the newer profiled rims, an all new 3.2mm wide aero bladed spoke laces the hub to rim with exterior nipples that sit within the aerodynamic “shadow” of the super wide rim. These hubs are supremely crafted from aerospace grade aluminum as a straight pull/radial-laced front and straight pull/radial-laced non-drive side lacing with a three cross straight pull rear. Weighing in at 1580 grams per set, the Challenger Carbon wheel set takes advantage of the most cutting edge aerodynamic and production technologies that exist in cycling today. Intended as an ideal racing or training wheel, particularly for those that do a significant amount of climbing, the Challenger Carbon 35 is both 10 and 11 speed compatible.
- Hubs: C1 series F/R – Black anodized body. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Cassette Body: All alloy, inboard ratchet mechanism with three pawls. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
- Rims: BikeHard 25mm wide Hi-Mod Carbon clincher. 35mm front & rear.
- Spokes: Bladed Straight-pull
- Nipples: External anodized aluminum.
- Front: 20 spokes, 720 grams
- Rear: 24 spokes, 860 grams
- Set: 1580 grams
- 150PSI max
- No rider weight limit
- Included: 2 nylon rim strips, 4 cryo blue brake pads, F+R skewers (92 grams per set)